Visa Requirement Information
A person, who is desirous of travelling to Barbados and requires a visa, should first submit an application for processing and be granted permission to travel to Barbados PRIOR to booking and confirmation of travel.
AN ENTRY VISA IS A PRE-REQUISITE TO SEEK ENTRY INTO BARBADOS. IT HOWEVER, DOES NOT GUARANTEE ENTRY. PERMISSION TO ENTER IS GRANTED ONLY BY THE IMMIGRATION OFFICER AT THE PORT OF ENTRY.
Information/Instructions on obtaining an Entry Visa:
Documents to be submitted:
- Application(s) form(s) completed IN FULL and SIGNED. (ONE APPLICATION FORM PER APPLICANT)
- One (1) passport size photograph
- Copies of outer cover and biometric page of the passport. (ACTUAL PASSPORT IS NOT REQUIRED UNLESS APPLICANT WISHES TO HAVE THE VISA ENDORSED IN THE PASSPORT. VISA IS ISSUED IN THE FORM OF A LETTER WHICH IS ACCEPTED AT THE AIRLINE CHECK-IN COUNTER AND BY BARBADOS IMMIGRATION OFFICIALS AT THE PORTS OF ENTRY.
- Birth certificate; Marriage certificate (where applicable)
- Cover letter addressed to ‘Chief Immigration Officer’ bearing a return address, phone number, fax number and email address outlining the purpose of visit, the proposed date of entry and the duration of visit.
- Copy of appointment letter (for persons attending US or UK Embassies)
- An employment letter; Letter from school, college or university.
- For persons residing in a country other than his/her place of birth, proof of status in the adoptive country in the form of Work Permit, Student Visa or Residence Permit must be copied and submitted.
- Banker’s draft addressed to Chief Immigration Officer duly signed and dated:
- Single Entry ------- US$104.00 (Permission to make one (1) entry within a three-month period)
- Multiple Entry ------ US$208.00. (Permission to make numerous entries within a six-month period.)
- DOCUMENTS IN A LANGUAGE OTHER THAN ENGLISH MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A CERTIFIED COPY OF THE ENGLISH TRANSLATION.
- Documents with fees may be sent by FedEx, DHL, or LIAT Quik Pak to Barbados Immigration Department, Wharf Road, Bridgetown, BARBADOS. (Those persons submitting their passports must include a prepaid airway bill for the return of the passport.)
PROCESSING PERIOD IS THREE (3) WEEKS. Updates are NOT given on the process of applications. If a fault is found with the documents when they are received the applicant will be immediately contacted by the department to rectify the same.
Please schedule your US/UK visa appointments outside of the three (3) weeks period.
- Cruise ship passengers in transit from airport to cruise terminal and vice versa.
- Cruise ship passengers arriving and departing on the said vessel.
- Crew members arriving at airport and transiting to vessel within twelve (12) hours. However, in the case where overnighting is necessary, a visa MUST be obtained.
- Regular passengers transiting at Barbados to another destination within twelve (12) hrs. Such passengers are treated as Direct Transit Passengers and will be accommodated in the arrival terminal until he/she is escorted to the departure lounge for his/her onward flight.
- All members of the Diplomatic Corps (of countries that require a visa) are exempt from payment of the visa fee. However the application form J must be completed and submitted to the Barbados Immigration Dept. along with a copy of the bio page of the passport.
HOW CAN FEES BE SENT?
Fees can be sent as postal money orders or bank drafts by courier and addressed to The Chief Immigration Officer.
The Chief Immigration Officer
NB: Visa applications are accepted at our missions and consulates abroad. Offices are located in North America ( New York, Miami, Washington, Toronto and Ottawa) and Europe ( London, Brussels, Geneva.)
Country of Nationality:
Country of Destination: